WELCOME to the Third International Workshop on Functional and Operatorial Statistics (IWFOS 2014).
The conference will take place at the Hotel La Palma, Stresa, ITALY, from 19th to 21th June 2014. The treated topics and the format of this conference will follow the ones of the previous successful two editions held in Toulouse (2008) and in Santander (2011).
The purpose of the conference, initiated by the working group STAPH, is to highlight the major trends in different areas of functional statistics through the exchange of ideas and the promotion of collaboration between researchers from different countries. For this third edition, our wish is to encourage also contributions in machine learning and in high dimensional statistics in order to foster relations between all these different fields of modern statistics and to contribute to their future development.
The following Invited Speakers will attend the conference.
- BOENTE Graciela (University of Buenos Aires, Argentina)
- CARDOT Hervé (University of Bourgogne, France)
- van de GEER Sara (ETH Zentrum, Zürich, Switzerland)
- GUO Mengmeng (Southwestern University of Finance and Economics, P.R. China)
- HOERMANN Siegfried (Université Libre de Bruxelles, Belgique)
- MARRON Steve (University of North Carolina, USA)
- POLITIS Dimitris (University of California, USA)
- SAMWORTH Richard (University of Cambridge, UK)
- SECCHI Piercesare (Politecnico di Milano, IT)